Sunday, July 14, 2013

Coconut Oil Brownies


Happy Monday! My boyfriend and I just got back from a long weekend in New York City. While I wouldn't want to live there, it is always fun to visit the city for a few days. Throughout the weekend, we visited a number of bakeries and I can't wait to share some of the highlights of the trip soon. You can definitely say that I had my fair share of cupcakes and cookies this past weekend.

Right before the 4th of July, I made a batch of Coconut Oil Brownies to bring to a gathering with my boyfriend's family. These Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies quickly became the most popular post on my blog and with good reason. I love the sweet yet subtle coconut flavor that coconut oil gives to baked goods. With half a jar still left in my pantry, I was eager to make these Coconut Oil Brownies. In my opinion, these brownies are just as good as the cookies and are a recipe that I will always turn to when I have extra coconut oil hanging around.

Coconut Oil Brownies
Recipe from Handle the Heat

2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, meleted
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the  baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on opposite sides to lift out the brownies after baking. Spray the aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, whisk together the melted chocolate, coconut oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and bakings soda. Mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the brownies are set but still moist.

Allow the brownies to cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into square and serve. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohh these brownies look amazing. love the clicks.

    Shobha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...