Monday, July 8, 2013

Parmesan Truffle Tater Tots


Have you guys tried truffle oil? It is honestly one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. Truffle oil, similar to brown butter, is just one of those ingredients that makes a number of foods taste better. I first tried truffle macaroni and cheese a few years ago and fell in love. Ever since I ordered it off the menu at a local restaurant, I have been dreaming about that meal and how I can recreate it at home. There is also a local food truck that sells hand-cut truffle french fries with fresh rosemary. Ah-mazing. And then more recently I went to a restaurant that serves truffle tater tots.

Two weeks ago I set out to experiment with my new bottle of truffle oil. By the way- I purchased my bottle at a specialty olive oil shop, but I have also seen it at local supermarkets and kitchen stores, like Sur la Table. At first I considered making homemade french fries, but time constraints brought me back to the idea of truffle tater tots. In the future I plan to try french fries and even homemade tater tots. But if you are new user of truffle oil, these Parmesan Truffle Tater Tots are a great way to test it out.

Parmesan Truffle Tater Tots
Recipe adapted from My Life as a Mrs.

4 cups tater tots, frozen
4 tsp truffle oil
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
3 tsp dried parsley
Pinch of salt

Place tater tots on a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake according to package directions.

While still hot, combine the cooked tater tots with the truffle oil, parmesan cheese and dried parsley in a large bowl. Gently toss to evenly coat the tater tots. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Best. tater. tots. ever!

    I usually dip mine in ketchup but after this, I don't think I could ever just dip it in standard ketchup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...