Thursday, March 6, 2014

Butterscotch Pudding Cookies


I have made a variation of these Butterscotch Pudding Cookies more times that I can count in the past year. They always turn out irresistibly soft and chewy, making them a go-to recipe whenever I am in need of cookies. So when it came time to bake cookies for a 90th birthday party last weekend, I once again turned to this recipe. And once again it did not disappoint. 

Have you noticed that I find a way to add chocolate to so many of the recipes that I make? I am a big butterscotch fan, so I like these cookies with just butterscotch chips. But doesn't chocolate just make everything better? I couldn't help but throw a few chocolate chips into the mixer too. White chocolate chips would also be good here. Not a fan of butterscotch? I have you covered- these Mint Chip Chocolate Pudding Cookies, Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies and Mini M&M Pudding Cookies are equally as good in my book. 

Double Chip Butterscotch Pudding Cookies
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 package butterscotch instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

Using a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the butterscotch pudding mix and continue to mix until incorporated. Add the eggs, one at at time, and mix until combined after each addition. Add the vanilla extract. 

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt until combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated. Turn off the mixer. Add the chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips. Mix with a spatula until just combined.

Using a medium-sized scoop, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Baked for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

6 comments:

  1. These look so delicious! I always loved butterscotch pudding growing up, and it is even better when paired with chocolate. I think everything is better with a little chocolate added, too. :) Have a great weekend, Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pudding cookies! Such a genius idea and I love the butterscotch flavor addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no problem with you adding in chocolate to your recipes!! They are always welcome :) I love butterscotch so I think these cookies and I will be best buds soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about cookies made with pudding but have yet to try them. Yours came out perfectly tho! Mmm, butterscotch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies look fantastic Meghan! I love butterscotch treats too and adding chocolate makes these cookies even better :) These cookies must have been a big hit at the birthday bash :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterscotch and chocolate chips! Yes!! These cookies sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...