Monday, April 7, 2014

Clear Flour Bread {Brookline, MA}




Last weekend Dan and I visited Clear Flour Bread, a small bakery located just outside of downtown Boston. Although we arrived only a few minutes after it opened, there was already a small line down the street. Clear Flour Bread is a popular neighborhood bakery known for its amazing bread and breakfast pastries. As soon as I walked through the door, I wanted to order one of everything. 

The morning bun is one of the most popular items on the menu at Clear Flour Bread. Winner of a "Best of Boston Award," these cinnamon pastries often sell out before noon. Make sure to get there early so you don't miss out on this one. 


A freshly baked croissant is my all-time favorite breakfast pastry. I still think that Flour Bakery has the best croissant in Boston, but this one is pretty darn good too. 


There is a large assortment of cookies, including chocolate chunk, oatmeal raisin and various seasonal flavors. I loved the chocolate chunk cookie the size of my head. It is definitely one of the best cookies I have had in the city. 


If you visit the bakery on Saturday or Sunday, you can pick up a soft German pretzel. Don't forget to ask for a side of mustard butter. 

I also couldn't resist the homemade brioche bun filled with chocolate. The chocolate was a little bit too rich for me, but the brioche itself was really good. 


In addition to plain croissants, Clear Flour Bread also sells chocolate croissants, gruyere cheese croissants and even raspberry and apricot croissants on special occasions. My favorite was the chocolate croissant- add this one to your list of must-try pastries in Boston!

If you want to check out Clear Flour Bread, you can find more information here:

Clear Flour Bread
178 Thorndike Street
Brookline, MA 02446

8 comments:

  1. Oh my -- a gruyere croissant??! All of these look incredible, but I know I wouldn't be able to resist a croissant filled with my all-time favorite cheese. And that cookie? Gigantic!

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I really want some French pastry right about now -- it all looks so flaky and perfect! I would be like a kid in a candy store in that bakery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those pastries are making me hungry! That croissant looks especially tempting, mmm-mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aieeeee, I want all of these!! You know you were the first person I thought of when I found out I was going to a conference in Boston in June. I will definitely add this to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are giving me bread delight with all these pictures, I'd like to have one of each!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything you mentioned sounds incredible. Wow, this is heaven for a sweet bread person like me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow that chocolate chunk!!!!!! It looks amazing. Oh well, everything does! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, everything looks incredible! I want all of these and would have a hard time just choosing one - yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...